TGI Friday's Closing in Independence, KC Metro | Events
The T.G.I. Friday's on 39th Street in Independence has closed, and the restaurant chain seems to be pulling out of Kansas City.
Taped to the door was a sign that read:
"We are closed for business as of November 13!!! Thank you for 12 years of service!!!!"
According to the Examiner, the T.G.I. Friday's restaurants in Leawood, Shawnee and Overland Park have all closed in recent weeks. The company still has locations in Columbia, Mo., Springfield, Mo., Wichita, Kan., and Omaha, Neb.
The chain is owned by Carlson Restaurants Worldwide, based in Carrollton, Texas. That company is owned by Carlson Inc. of Minneapolis, a privately held company that operates hotels, restaurants and Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
Upcoming Events near Independence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man sentenced for death of MoDOT worker
- Pitcher Luke Hochevar to have ‘Tommy John surgery’
- Remember: A woman and girl murdered in KC, but whose bodies were never found
- Two from Sedalia die when another driver crashes into their disabled car
- KC Blues Rugby team is up on a roof until they raise $25,000 for homeless families