TGI Friday's Closing in Independence, KC Metro | Events
The T.G.I. Friday's on 39th Street in Independence has closed, and the restaurant chain seems to be pulling out of Kansas City.
Taped to the door was a sign that read:
"We are closed for business as of November 13!!! Thank you for 12 years of service!!!!"
According to the Examiner, the T.G.I. Friday's restaurants in Leawood, Shawnee and Overland Park have all closed in recent weeks. The company still has locations in Columbia, Mo., Springfield, Mo., Wichita, Kan., and Omaha, Neb.
The chain is owned by Carlson Restaurants Worldwide, based in Carrollton, Texas. That company is owned by Carlson Inc. of Minneapolis, a privately held company that operates hotels, restaurants and Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
Upcoming Events near Independence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Grandmothers Against Gun Violence gains members after Sunday’s shootings outside Jewish centers
- Woman calls police after she feels threatened by car on 71 Hwy
- Joe’s Weather Blog: 80s To Snow Again?
- School district turns 100, celebrates with time capsule burials
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Rain For Many…Some Not