TGI Friday's Closing in Independence, KC Metro | Events
The T.G.I. Friday's on 39th Street in Independence has closed, and the restaurant chain seems to be pulling out of Kansas City.
Taped to the door was a sign that read:
"We are closed for business as of November 13!!! Thank you for 12 years of service!!!!"
According to the Examiner, the T.G.I. Friday's restaurants in Leawood, Shawnee and Overland Park have all closed in recent weeks. The company still has locations in Columbia, Mo., Springfield, Mo., Wichita, Kan., and Omaha, Neb.
The chain is owned by Carlson Restaurants Worldwide, based in Carrollton, Texas. That company is owned by Carlson Inc. of Minneapolis, a privately held company that operates hotels, restaurants and Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
Upcoming Events near Independence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Missouri Bill would arm teachers with something other than guns
- Your comments requested on legalizing pot in Missouri
- Mizzou football and its fans have gained respect by reaching SEC Championship
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Frigid temperatures expose windshield cracks